The soil thrower is designed for the construction of mineral soil firebreaks, in particular, to stop wildland ground and surface fire spread.
The soil thrower has advanced mobility and maneuverability; it can easily pass between two trees growing at a 1-meter distance from each other. Due to its low weight, the device moves without difficulty on a rugged terrain with ditches, trenches, and slopes. The soil thrower is suitable for building new mineral soil firebreaks, as well as for maintaining existing ones.
Attention! The device is not equipped with a wheel drive unit; the working travel of the machine is enabled by the pushing force applied by the operator!
We removed the wheel drive from the design after the field tests that showed the following:
- use of drive wheels implies the use of a gearbox, which increases the weight of the soil thrower by at least 20 kg;
- with drive wheels employed, the ground clearance allows for the convenient use of the soil thrower on a flat and even terrain only; the problem of overcoming obstacles arises in the case of a rugged surface;
-placement of additional components in the gearbox to allow the device an additional travelling speed (for moving quickly from point A to point B) entails at least 7-10 kg of additional weight;
- drive wheels take up part of the engine torque, which results in a less efficient work of the soil thrower cutters. To solve the problem, the engine power should be increased, which will lead to an increase in weight;
- unloading and loading the soil thrower requires at least two people.
Removal of drive wheels allowed the following:
- the weight of the soil thrower is 55 kg; the machine easily maneuvers and overcomes obstacles on an irregular terrain;
- moving the device during the construction of mineral soil firebreaks requires a pushing force corresponding to 60 N, or 6 kg; half of the force is needed to transport the device from one place to another;
- 7 HP of the engine are entirely employed for building a mineral soil firebreak;
- one person is enough to do the loading and unloading of the device.
Based on the testing results, we have arrived at the conclusion that the soil thrower without drive wheels is much more convenient and efficient in operation; its productivity corresponds to that of 10- 15 people using shovels.
While creating the soil thrower, we designed and patented a unique working tool, which allows working in the difficult conditions of clutter and sodding.
The soil thrower has a Certificate of conformity of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union TR CU 010/2011 “On the Safety of Machines and Equipment” No. EAEZ KZ.7100749.22.01.06023 Series KZ No. 0098531 valid from 17.04.2019 to 16.04.2022.
The design of our soil thrower is not perfect, and, therefore, we look forward to your comments and suggestions for its improvement. We will consider your feedback while working on new versions of the device!
Soil thrower specifications
|Type||Device for building mineral soil firebreaks|
|Dimensions: width, length, and height (mm)|
|In operating position||760х1120х1120|
|Travel mode||By the pulling force applied by the operator|
|Pulling force applied, N|
|Travel speed, km/h|
|fuel consumption, l/km||3.6|
|Engine power, HP||7|
Dimensions of the mineral soil firebreak to be built:
Scope of supply:
- Soil thrower – 1 pc.
- Spare blades – 3 pcs.
- Spanner 10 – 2 pcs.
- Spark-plug wrench- 1 pc.
- Drive belt – 2 pcs.
- Gloves – 1 pair
- Safety glasses – 1 pc.
- Tool cover – 1 pc.
- Safety belt – 1 pc.
- Operation manual – 1 pc.
- Passport – 1 pc.
- A copy of the Certificate of conformity according to ТR CU 010/2011 – 1 pc.
For any questions you may have concerning cooperation or purchasing our soil thrower, please call: + 7 (8362) 981090; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.